BVV's 2.75 Quart Pyrex Vacuum Chamber
This is a complete BVVvacuum chamber setup designed built and 100% tested in Naperville, Illinois. Every chamber is tested prior to shipping to lose no more than 2.5Hg/24hrs. Comes with 30 day Limited Warranty.
Please Refer to these charts for vacuum specifications at altitude and conversions:
- Pyrex Glass Vessel
- Neoprene Gasket
- Glycerin filled vacuum gauge
- User friendly vacuum connections that fit most vacuum pumps on the market
- 50 Micron Air filter for reducing airborne contaminants when releasing the vacuum
- Silicone vacuum pad
- 5' of vacuum rated HVAC hose to pull a vacuum.
|Chamber Material||Pyrex Glass|
|Internal Dimensions (ID)||2-7/8" Tall x 9-1/8" Long x 7.25" Width Drafting Downwards to 8" Long x 6" Wide|
|Vacuum Gauge (Glycerin Filled)||InHG (0)-(-30)|
|Manifold Connections||1/4" SAE and 1/4" FNPT|
|Temperature Rating||150°F (65°C)|
|Additional Included Items||5' Orange Vacuum Rated HVAC Hose|
|Platinum Cured Silicone Pad|
|Black 50 Micron Air Filter|
- BestValueVac® Chambers are not compatible with stabilization resin (i.e. Cactus Juice™, Gator Venom™, Minwax™ etc.), alcohol, ethanol, acetone and acrylic based monomers or polymers.The lid may only be cleaned with soapy water.
- GlassVac® chambers are compatible with all solvents and stabilization resins. We only recommend and warranty GlassVac® chambers for resin infusion and wood stabilization.The lid may be cleaned with any solvent or cleaning agent.
See FAQ at the top for product safety warnings.
Pump Warranty Information:
Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (MinWax™, Gator Venom™ etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations in excess of 5 minutes. (Exludes Cactus Juice™)
- If the consumer is using the pump for prolonged periods of time exceeding 5 minutes we require that a cold trap is used or the pump warranty is void.
- These stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties.
- When evacuation exceeds 5 minutes these solvents begin to vaporize and then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. Once enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil the plastic internal components may begin to warp, melt or seize. The use of a cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Furthermore, Minwax Wood Hardener™ is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, EVER. (A seized motor will result within the first use.)
- To prevent these issues from happening to your process, change the Oil after each vacuum pump use, Even if the use time is only 5min.
(30 Day Limited Warranty: after this time period, any warranty issues must be resolved with the end supplier).