BVV's 2 Quart Stainless Steel Resin Trap Vacuum & Degassing Chamber
This is a complete vacuum chamber setup designed built and 100% tested in Chicago, Illinois. With our unique patent pending gasket design (Utility Patent #14/533,548) this shatter chamber is sure to last 10,000 uses with proper care and maintenance. The gasket itself is reversible (doubling the life of our system) allowing customers to instantly take it off and flip it over. No adhesives are used! Our simple gasket design even allows you to place the lid on the chamber somewhat off center and still pull a full vacuum. This is a feature that most other vacuum chambers do not offer. The maximum allowed temperature of this chamber is 160f. The components of this chamber are rated at higher temperatures however as a vacuum vessel we limit maximum operational temperature to 160f. Every chamber is tested prior to shipping to lose no more than 2.5Hg/24hrs.
This Kit Includes:
- 1 x Resin Trap Chamber
- 1 x Industrial grade silicone gasket
- 1 x Glycerin filled vacuum gauge (must be regulated upon arrival)
- 1 x Leak free nickel plated 1/4" HVAC Flare Valve -(1) Barbed Connection
- 1 x 5' Orange HVAC Hose -(1) 5' Tygon Vacuum Tubing
- Gasket can withstand 390F max temp.
- 60A durometer density
- Max vacuum -29Hg (+/-.5Hg) at sea level
- Regular Vacuum Chambers are not compatible with stabilization resin (i.e. Cactus Juice™, Gator Venom™, Minwax™ etc.), alcohol, ethanol, acetone and acrylic based monomers or polymers. The lid may only be cleaned with soapy water.
- ShatterVac® chambers are not compatible with stabilization resin (i.e. Cactus Juice™, Gator Venom™, Minwax™ etc.), acetone, acrylic based monomers or polymers. The lid may be cleaned with soapy water and low strength cleaning agents.
- GlassVac® chambers are compatible with all solvents and stabilization resins. We only recommend and warranty GlassVac® chambers for resin infusion and wood stabilization. The lid may be cleaned with any solvent or cleaning agent.
- We recommend the oil is changed every 50-75 of operating hours.
- CFM is a measure of cubic feet per minute.
- Single stage pumps reach a max vacuum of 50-75 microns (0=complete vacuum).
- Dual/Two stage pumps reach a max vacuum of 10-15 microns (0=complete vacuum).
(30 Day Limited Warranty: after this time period, any warranty issues must be resolved with the end supplier).