5LB Athena Bidirectional Flow Closed Loop Extractor
This unit is intended for LEGAL purposes only, to be used in accordance with local laws and ordinances.
Use only in extremely well ventilated areas.
Check with your local fire marshal for guidance when operating indoors.
Pictures May Vary.
Then 5lb Bi-Directional has the same function as the stand alone bi-flow, but with the convenience of a rack mounting system. By using a bottom flood on the first wash to ensure all material has seen solvent, preventing channeling through the material. Finish the run with a top flood input to ensure all residuals have been washed from the material. Oil bearing solvent is collected in the collection base under the material column. Once collected, solvent is distilled and recovered, leaving the oils in the collection base. This is a passive unit that utilizes pressure differences created by manipulating temperature to move solvent. This unit can be upgraded into an Active recovery unit by purchasing the upgrade kit.
- Explorer: Our standard Athena extractor model. Comes with a welded bottom base and standard LP tank. This model provides all the benefits of the bi-directional design without any bells and whistles. The Explorer model is perfect for those looking to process crude extract.
- Professional: This model features upgrades to help produce a higher quality extract. Solvent is entered into the system through an injection coil. This coil is chilled with dry ice and alcohol, dropping solvent temperatures to dewax inline. Fats and waxes are not soluble when solvent temperature is subzero, so chilling solvent on input is the simplest way to achieve high clarity extract. The Professional also comes with a removable bottom on the collection base. This makes removal of extract after the run as easy as possible.
- Elite: The Elite series is our fully upgraded Orthrus model. The elite series adds a level of dependability needed for those seeking to produce the highest quality extracts. It features a larger bore on valves and hoses, all American instrumentation valves by SSP, jacketed collection base, and stainless steel LP tank. Dewaxing occurs by chilling solvent on injection. The Elite series boasts increased efficiency on both solvent input and recovery by bumping up all valves and lines to 3/8” JIC. The jacketed collection gives precision during recovery, allowing a heated fluid to be circulated around the base. This method keeps temperature both accurate and consistent. The stainless steel LP tank is able to be opened and cleaned, making solvent contamination a non-issue.
- 1 x Collection Base
- 1 x 12"x12" Welded Bottom Base
- 1 x Assembled 12" bi-flow lid
- 2 x Stacked 4" x 24" Material columns with reducer & top cap
- 1 x 4" filter plate kit
- 1 x 2" Solvent input manifold
- 1 x 2" Ball Valve
- 1 x #50 LP tank
- 1 x 1/4" 48" High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
- 1 x 1/4" 72" High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
- 1 x 3/8" 72" High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
- 1 x 12" clamps
- 4 x 4" clamps
- 5 x 2" clamp with gaskets
- 2 x 4" Gaskets w/ filter
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Add On Items:
- BVV VE Series Vacuum Pump
- Portable Butane (C4H10) Detector
- BVV Refrigerant Recovery Scale 150KG
- BVV Ignition Resistant Centrifugal Fan w/ Ducting
- 4"x 48" 304 Stainless Steel Material Tube 5lb (900g)
- 316 Stainless Steel Fully Encapsulated Miniature Ball Valves
- System Rated to 150PSI
- Multiple port connections for _" 316 Stainless JIC 37 Degree
- 304 Stainless Steel Base Container 12" diameter by 12" tall
- Tri-Clamps at all interfaces make for a high pressure, easy clean unit.
- Viton Gaskets are designed for Oil Processing Temp range -40-200F
- Dimensions (Inches): 25" x 7.5' Diameter overall size
- Weight: 80 lbs.
- Operating Temperature Range: -40F to 160F
- Ultimate Vacuum: as low as 10 Microns
- Base unit Maximum Capacity: 1275 cubic inches, (2.553 Liters)
- Construction: All components made of 304 Stainless Steel.
- Max Vacuum -29.9inHg
- High Polish Interior
Column capacity may vary depending on the density of packed material and packing density. Capacity is calculated using the industry standard of 4.2g/in3. This is the upper limit for column capacity. Low density, uncut, and/or lightly packed material can reduce capacity by 50%. For best results, we recommend to tightly pack coarse ground material.
Note: Butane(Solvent) not included with systems unless ordered with dropdown menu or separately. Any order with butane WILL NOT SHIP EXPEDITED. Comes with 1 yr. Limited Manufacture warranty. This model requires a heater circulator or chiller.